- The percentage of expenses directly incurred within the framework of our actions, on the ground in favor of all of our actions! 93% 93%
- Healthy living, health, education, women's & childhood programs, access to water and energy 65% 65%
- Education for children, parents, families, schools, remote villages and teachers 18% 18%
- Logistics accommodation, food, travel, transportation, voluntary management, cargo 10% 10%
- Administration, fundraising, management in Indonesia and Switzerland for both Organisations 8% 8%
Where does Fair Future money come from?
We are proud of the incredible support from our donors. Our funding structure is based on many donations from people around the world. It is our donors who fuel our work on the ground, close to people and families.
In 2021, more than 100% of our income came from private donors. It is through the generosity of these private supporters – primarily individuals like you, but also corporations and private foundations – that we are able to operate independently and provide humanitarian aid in some of the most rural and forgotten in eastern Indonesia.
The remaining three percent of our income came from public institutions, communes, municipalities.
How is the money spent?
Your donations finance thousands of consultations, surgeries, medical treatments, solutions aimed at achieving better physical and mental health.
We are a non-profit association and more than 90% of our financial resources are allocated to the accomplishment of our social, medical, educational, infrastructural mission.
The rest is spent on general management and fundraising costs. We also try to maintain reserves as well that allow us to respond immediately to a crisis without having to wait for a call. The use of funds received and used by Fair Future is tightly monitored and audited financial reports are publicly available.
All our programs are implemented directly by our teams in the field, without any intermediary. In rare cases, we provide support to local medical networks that can directly access people in need.
Does Fair Future limit corporate donations?
We do not accept contributions from companies and industries whose core business may directly conflict with or limit our ability to provide humanitarian medical work. Therefore, we do not accept money from pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, extractive industries (such as oil, natural gas, gold or diamonds), tobacco companies and arms manufacturers.
Additional limitations may exist in the national donation acceptance policies of countries where Fair Future may fundraise.
Can I choose where my money goes?
We appreciate that some of our supporters and friends may have a particular interest in a region or program in which we work. Although in some circumstances your donation may be directed to a specific program or village or region, we ask that you contribute with unrestricted funding.
Unrestricted general giving allows us to direct funds where the need is greatest, including under-reported and overlooked crises.
Fair Future would not be able to respond quickly to emergencies and social, natural or economic disasters, nor to provide emergency life-saving care to thousands of people living with diseases such as Dengue, Malaria, HIV, without the general support of our donors.
Where can I find detailed financial information about Fair Future?
You will find more details on where our money comes from, how much we collect and how we spend it in our annual activity report, audited and validated by the federal and cantonal authorities of Switzerland and the Canton of Vaud.
The annual activity report also gives details of where and how Fair Future spends your donations, and reports on important activities and actions carried out during a given year.
Scams, Hoaxes and Fraud involving Fair Future
Be aware that there have been cases of emails impersonating Fair Future staff to scam people out of money for an X action.
Fair Future has received reports of third parties attempting to fraudulently obtain money on our behalf via email, websites or social media apps.
Here is a list of scams and hoaxes that have come to our attention (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- People posing as Fair Future staff members in emails asking for refunds of donations, sometimes naming Fair Future staff or senior management in their calls to provide a sense of credibility.
- People posing as Fair Future staff asking for money to pay for individual medical procedures for fictitious patients.
- Persons posing as Fair Future staff, or acting on behalf of Fair Future staff, on websites or social media applications in order to trick unsuspecting members of the public into sending funds to cover the cost of travel of the alleged Fair Future staff member to return from a field mission.
- Fair Future staff in the field will also have access to funds in case of emergency and therefore will not need to request financial support from anyone, neither for themselves nor for their patients.
- FFF does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or any other fees).
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to prevent scams like these and others from happening. If you are unsure if you are the subject of a scam or fraud involving an alleged Fair Future staff member, please contact the Foundation’s headquarters by email here.