A very Merry Christmas and an Happy New Year 2022 to all of you, and thank you so much for your support and your love!
The year 2021 draws to a close and we contemplate the extent of the work that awaits us in 2022.
Dear Madam, Dear Sir, Dear Families,
We hope that you are all well and that you have been able to rediscover moments of joy in this still difficult year. This text is based on the Newsletter we sent on December 24th. But more complete!
For us here, the pandemic was also 100% present in our life and also determined a large part of our actions in the field.
And we are all very proud of what we have accomplished this year 2021, thanks to your support and our teams here in Indonesia and Switzerland. As you know and for over 15 years now, the Fair Future Foundation Switzerland and all its friends have been working very hard every day to improve the living conditions of rural communities in eastern Indonesia.
Among all that we have achieved we can note these few large-scale actions:
- We have completed the construction of our school in Mbinudita, East Sumba, and handed it over to the educational services in the region;
- We have implemented actions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, provided medical care, social services, given food for adults, for young children too, we have tested, screened, mapped regions whole, and also carried out the vaccination of several hundred people;
- Linked to access to clean water, we drilled wells, built sanitation facilities for families and villages, renovated existing facilities, informed people about the health risks associated with drinking dirty water. ;
- The medical care provided was once again at the heart of our actions. Surgical operations (more than 160), in the most inaccessible regions possible, thanks to the “Truck of Life” program, which allows us to go where no one is going or can (or doesn’t want to) go. Removal of tumors (lipomas, carcinomas) especially in young children !. But also thousands of medical consultations linked to pathologies mainly linked to poverty, lack of food, consumption of contaminated water, air pollution, Malaria, Dengue, and of course, COVID-19;
- We also acquired the foundation’s first “truck for life”, this all-terrain vehicle allows us to go to very remote places, almost impossible to access, and to bring medical care, food, food, and drink. water, construction materials, fruits and vegetables, gardening equipment, or even surgical equipment!
To know is not to demonstrate, nor to explain. It is access to vision!
“Antoine de Saint-Exupéry” – Le Petit Prince.
The year 2022 will begin with a problem that many parts of Indonesia are experiencing: Access to water and sanitation solutions that do not cause disease or kill. This program, which we have called “Water Connections”, aims above all to create clean water networks in the most rural areas. Even where no one has access to clean water sources, nor to electricity elsewhere!
In some countries, clean water is so plentiful and readily available that we take it for granted. Access to drinking water should be a basic human right. But here we are, we are not all equal and by far in the face of this essential need for all human, plant, and animal life! Simply have water!
Indeed Fair Future works mainly to improve the health of people from rural areas. Giving medication and setting up treatment protocols when the water is unfit for consumption is an element that has led us to work on this specific issue.
We hope that your support will be renewed, during this new year, for the projects to come.
The first is the construction of a network of wells in Mbinudita’s region that will provide access to water to more than 200 families. It is a unique, innovative, original, participatory, ecological, and vital project. We have been working on this for several months and it is progressing well! (see detailed PDF below or download it here)
The Fair Future teams wish you all a good viewing as well as a very happy holiday season.
We take this opportunity to thank you once again for your support! It is thanks to you that these projects can come to life every year. Thank you!
Water Connections Program
The Water Distribution network in East Sumba – Site of MbinuDita
Download this presentation in .pdf here – Share it, print it!
Your comment and feedback is invaluable
...to all of us here who are working in the field. You have a role to play, you can bring us your knowledge, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your words and your benevolence.