Some pictures of our Base Camp in East Sumba -Rumah Kambera-. A place that Fair Future Foundation and Kawan Baik Indonesia renovated with their own hands last year.
A magical place in which the projects of our 2 legal organizations are created, developed & carried out, one Swiss and the other Indonesian.
Programs are set up in partnership with the local government, the Tp-pkk Sumba Timur, but also and above all with local communities, notably those in the most rural, inaccessible, and consequently disadvantaged regions. Those for whom access to water, electricity, medical care -even the most basic- is almost inaccessible. But we are here to help, find the most suitable, innovative & sustainable solutions.
Within the framework of Rumah Kambera, these are public health actions, the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic and other epidemics, access to clean and potable water, to sanitation solutions (toilets, showers, washing clothes), but also access to school, donations of healthy food that are being put in place.
In this regard, Rumah Kambera is heavily involved in health issues of access to medical care. In order not to do things in the short terms , we know that clean water and good sanitation are essential to prevent and reduce child mortality. Women who become pregnant at either extreme of childbearing age are at higher maternal and pediatric risks; the same goes for multiparous women and women with short birth intervals. Read More here!
Directly form Rumah Kambera, Fair Future and Kawan Baik Foundations are medically involved. Indeed, it should be known that most deaths of children aged 1 to 4 years are preventable by a simple health intervention. The one that we can provide to many, many people on site every day. Note also that the main causes of mortality here are diarrheal and respiratory diseases, malnutrition and infectious diseases (in this, vaccination of children is extremely important, but still far too rare). Finally, we realize that we are doing a lot of health prevention work within the framework of Rumah Kambera. And this, in the simplest way! Doing things with our heart!
As local doctors have told us more than once: “You guys really take care of people in an extraordinary way …“. It’s a nice compliment, because we don’t realize it, it’s just our daily life when we receive sick patients, to talk to them, to make them laugh, to share more than a simple medical consultation with them.
Among the innovative occupations, we build metal structures there, repair objects, scooters, plan the drilling of deep wells in completely inaccessible areas. For example, the construction of toilets, showers linked to the drilling of a well for access to clean water, this is done in Rumah Kambera. It will take us two weeks to build a sanitation point including two toilets per type and showers. This construction will then be finalized and in the field, where nobody hardly ever goes. See the pictures here!
Rumah Kambera? It is a magical place in which people with a lot of imagination, dreams, live and work with a smile. It is also a house in which all dreams come true!
Our community garden is developing well, as is the pharmacy and the health center which welcomes sick patients or patients with various illnesses every day. Notably linked to the malnutrition which is wreaking havoc here, in the regions where we are located.
In short, years of work are presented to us! And if you want to be part of this magical place, give us a hand, then all of you are welcome.
We thank you all very much for your interest, benevolence, and always great support. Take good care of yourself and your loved ones!
Alex, from Sumba, East Indonesia, the October 15th, 2021 – Rumah Kambera Base Camp.
Note: Your feedback (comment) is extremely important to us and our teams in the field. They give us the courage, the strength, the motivation to help even more! Please let us know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for your words!
#fairfuturefoundation #kawanbaikindonesia #rumahkambera #healthylife #communitygarden #Covid19 #foodforall #healthcare #medicalcare #water #cleanwateraccess #sanitation #takeashower #washyourclothes #truckoflife #switzerland #nonprofit #donate #indonesia #NTT #kawanbaikberbagi #sumbatimur #lambanapu
What are we doing in Rumah Kambera?
- Covid-19 pandemic: Tests of the population, vaccinations, mapping of the situation, donation of healthy food, drinking water, information and prevention about the routes of contamination;
- Medical and health care: Rumah Kambera welcomes patients with health problems every day. Our pharmacy and our on-site medical team can help people take care of themselves through the donation of medicines, vitamins and food supplements. The most common illnesses are related to lack of clean water, lack of healthy food, air pollution, joint and back problems, asthma, skin problems such as lipomas, fibroids, allergies, cancer;
- Access to clean water and sanitary facilities: Construction of central water points, drilling of wells, toilets by type, showers, biological filtration and information on the water, commit to preserve it and use it in a healthy way for people;
- Creation and construction of school infrastructures, schools, health centers so that each can have access to health care and to school;
- Responses in the event of natural disasters (common in the region), reconstruction, preservation, emergency care, advanced first aid station, establishment of emergency medical care, distribution of food, water etc…;
- Truck of Life program: Medical care, distribution of food, construction materials, transporting medical teams to the sites, picking up a sick or injured person to bring them to the hospital, etc…;
- And all the other social, medical, infrastructural activities linked to the mission of the foundation in the field;
Your feedback is valuable to us & our work.
Thanks for all your comments. We will always get back to you.